Posts Tagged ‘Interior Decoration’
Plants are living things and having them in interiors of house is quite healthy and beneficial. They provide beauty and elegance as well as they provide oxygen and absorb carbon dioxide. Growing and displaying plants in interiors of your house is a healthy activity. You can have a plenty of ideas to decorate your home interiors and it all depends on your imagination and aesthetic sense.
In this article, you will find some useful tips and instructions to use house plants for interior decoration.
- First of all, you should use a plant design company that will help you purchasing suitable plants.
- To hide a problem area, use large tree-like plants. They can also help you to fill a vacant corner. But tree like plants can be used only if there is a high ceiling and a place having plenty of light. You can use palm tree for this purpose. Palm and Coconut trees can also be used near your swimming pool. By doing this, your window will provide you with a feeling of living on Tropical Island and it will enhance the sophistication of your home.
- Here you might be faced with the problem because taking care of such big plants is not an easy task. Watering, fertilizing and maintaining these plants can give you some trouble as you will have to protect flooring and carpets from damage while watering. Every problem has a solution, so to keep your carpet protected from damages; you can use mats and wooden blocks or any other robust object.
- To decorate your home further by using plants, you can place hanging plants around your home. The recommended locations for placing hanging plants are windows and corners of rooms. But take care that these plants should not be placed in the way of foot traffic.
- Some other plants can be placed on pedestals made of metal, iron or glass. Pedestals may also be made of wood or marble. The best places to put the pedestals are unfilled corner, windows or a blank wall. Pedestals are actually plant stands that may also include mantle and a book shelf. It is recommended to use plants having bright colored flowers in pedestals.
- Another very important thing is that you should take care that the plant stand is strong and stable so that it can hold up the plant.
You will find the above mentioned tips quite useful in decorating interiors of your home with house plants.