Posts Tagged ‘GARDENS’
Orchids have been included in list of home plants for their gorgeous fragrance and variety in shapes, color and sizes. Like other plants, orchid plants also need proper growing conditions. Giving right amount of water at right time to your orchids is one of the basic needs of orchid flowers to grow and thrive. Remember that different species of orchids have different water needs, so you are required to research your particular plant as well as you should also be aware of general watering needs of an orchid.
Orchid plants are typically found in tropical areas. The areas where many orchids are grown receive tremendous rain. These areas can also be very humid in native habits. Ideal humidity level for orchid flowers is 80% but this humidity level could be quite uncomfortable for human to live in so you need to think other strategies to provide your orchids with healthier environment. A very convenient way to humidify your orchids is to water them frequently. You may purchase a deep saucer or and some pebbles. Pour these pebbles into the saucer then water the pebbles. Make sure that the water never touches the actual orchid pot. This way you will be able to create artificial humid climate for your orchid plant.
Very common mistake that people do is over watering their orchids. Many people wait for the soil of their orchid pot to look dry and when it becomes, they feel that their orchid plants need to be watered now. This is not true especially for orchids. The rule to water your orchid plants is to water once a week. Let the potting bark of your orchid plant dry out completely before you water again.
Orchid plants also need to be fertilized but sparingly as well. Buy best fertilizer for your orchid plants from nearby garden shops. Make sure to maintain for watering and fertilizing your orchids is a guarantee in itself that your orchid plants will grow best and you will have exotic plants for a long time.
Orchids will thrive in your home environment if you succeed to provide them with proper care, for instance right amount of water at right time, proper sunlight and best fertilizer occasionally. Orchid flowers are quite beautiful and can also be temperamental. Once you get to know exact needs of your orchids, it is not so complicated to maintain your orchid flowers healthy conditions.
Decoration with Orchids
Decorating interior spaces and gardens with orchid flowers is a good idea to fill spaces that will make you relaxed and feel good. Orchids have long list of advantages that make them perfect for home decoration if you are aware of special care these plants need. You can have this plant by following simple rules to create a huge visual space it is placed in.
Decoration of house or interior space needs much consideration. Use of plants within the whole area is a common idea but it needs much care. Green and leafy plants are always attractive that can greatly transform interior spaces, gardens and offices if perfect orchid is selected to decorate these spaces. Have you ever thought to decorate your home, garden and terrace with orchids? If not then you should think of this to get a new green environment in your home or office.
- A very big advantage of these flowers is that you can keep these flowers fresh for months contrary to other indoor plants.
- These are hardy plants and don’t require much water. They are virtually immortal if and only if you are aware of proper care and maintenance needs of orchard plants.
- They are also considered as best for indoor and garden decorations as you can get wide range of colors that you exactly want for decoration of your chosen space.
Definitely you need to know details that you have to pay attention from very first day you grow orchid plants in your home. Here is very useful information that will help you in making your decoration successful and attractive exactly you have dreamed.
Make Sure to Buy Orchids in Healthy and Good Condition
Remember that healthy and fresh orchids, without diseases and pests, you are guaranteeing more than 60 percent of your success to make your decoration project great. Make sure that there should be no spots on leaves. Bulbs and flowers will help you in determining the health status of orchids you are going to buy.
Think about the Space You Want to Decorate with Orchids
Determine if that selected space is too hot, too cold or it is exposed to lot of breezes. Any extreme condition will be bad for your orchids.
Check Availability of Light of the Place You Want to Decorate
Light is a very important factor to be considered before thinking to select a place for decoration with plants. Some orchids are very resistant to light than others. Make sure to choose right orchids for the space according to light and other conditions to ensure proper growth of orchids without any problem.
Determine Moisture Level of the Space Where you Want to Plant in Orchids
No extreme situation is good for orchids. Don’t make a mistake to place the plants in the area that has either very high or low humidity.
Follow above mentioned basic information that is very necessary to keep your orchid healthy and happy. It is hopped that information provided here will help you to create very attractive space using best orchid flowers.
Garden decoration is not limited to fountains, garden furniture and waterfalls but you can also decorate your garden walls as well. If you are thinking of decorating your garden walls in unique ways then read this post because I have a number of wonderful ideas to decorate your garden walls:
- You can decorate your garden wall with outdoor wall lights. Outdoor lights are available in different sizes and unique shapes including both traditional and modern. I will like you to use an iron lamp with a lantern shape to decorate your garden wall but choice of lights will all depend on your liking and theme of your garden. I will also like to add that wall lights should be decorative as well as functional such as you can use track lights so that they can highlight your wall art.
- Thermometers and clocks can also be used to decorate garden walls. Outdoor thermometers and clocks are mostly waterproof and made of material like rust-free aluminum that prevents these lights from any harm and damage. If you have an intention to decorate garden wall with clocks and thermometer, you can make a choice from a wide variety as clocks and thermometers come in different styles and shapes. Sometimes clocks also come in combination with thermometer or even with humidity-level indicator. Moreover thermometers and clocks come in different exciting shapes like that of a rectangle, sun or round-shaped.
- Another very good idea is to decorate your garden walls with wall art. Wall art for garden usually has a theme that depicts nature like plants, flowers and animals. Different kinds of garden wall art are available which are decorative and very attractive. For example, wall art may be in the form of ceramic plates, mosaic artwork as well as metal work. Metal work wall art come in the shapes of sun, moon, butterflies and hummingbird etc.
- Wall planters can also be used for garden wall decorations. Like other decorative items, they are also available in different shapes and sizes from which you can choose according to your choice and garden theme. Wall planters that are usually available are made of materials like wood and wrought iron and they look like vases or pots. There are some plants that are best suitable for wall planters like petunia, sweet potato wine and ipomoea etc.
These were some really great ideas that you can follow to decorate your garden walls in a beautiful ways. You can even combine these ideas with your own creative ideas to make your garden walls even more attractive and appealing.
These days, gardens are populated with roses and pansies but nobody thinks about growing a wildflower garden. Growing a wildflower garden is easier because wildflowers are resistant to pests and diseases and they can tolerate harsh weather conditions. Wildflowers can also survive in all types of soil and once they are grown in their required environment they can continue to grow without trimming, weeding and watering. I have made extensive research on growing wildflower garden and want to share some of the tips with you so that you can also grow a wildflower garden in your home. Follow these tips:
- Sow seeds of wildflowers in ground which doesn’t has weeds and grasses. It is necessary for growth of wildflowers that they should not be in competition with these.
- Decide the time when you want to sow seeds. Wildflowers can be planted in spring or fall as they like warm soil. Ideal temperature required for the growth of wildflowers is 68 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. For your further help and assistance, you can also ask your local nursery about it or follow instructions given on seeds packet.
- When it comes to select a suitable location, you should choose a place that receives enough sunlight and possesses well-drained soil. Most of the wildflowers require 5 to 8 hours of sunlight for their proper growth.
- Now after selecting a suitable location, prepare the ground for sowing seeds. Make sure that you have removed all weeds and other vegetation.
- Take wildflower seeds and mix them with fine-grade builder’s sand taking four parts of sand and one part of seeds. Now sow seeds by spreading them in a far-reaching motion. You can do so with your hands and can also use broadcast seeder for this purpose.
- Tap seeds in the ground but keep in mind that if a seed is buried very deep in soil, it will not sprout. Do this task in the best possible way, walk over seedbeds and tap soil with your feet.
- Seeds of wildflowers require water for their germination so water seeds regularly until the plants grow one to two inches tall. After that wildflowers will need water only when they will look withered.
- If you see some weeds growing in your wildflower garden, remove them with your hands before they grow further.
These were some of the most important steps and tips to grow a wildflower garden. Follow these steps and beautify your garden with simple but graceful wildflowers.
Growing an indoor garden is very beneficial as it plays an important role in reducing air pollution in your house and consequently it will also prove healthy for you. Many people want to create indoor gardens but don’t know the exact way of making it possible. It is quite easy to create indoor garden if some useful tips and instructions are followed. Such instructions are given below:
Firstly you will have to purchase plants that can grow and flourish indoors. These plants may include some varieties of ivy and tropical plants.
Selection of Containers
You will have to select containers of good quality. Plastic containers should never be used as they can not support a growing plant due to their light weight. Remember that the containers are not only necessary for the proper growth of plants but also they affect the decoration of your house. Bad quality containers can spoil the outlook and décor of your house.
Choice of Soil
Potting soil should be used to grow the plants indoors. Some people make a mistake by using the topsoil from their yard. It can be bad for the healthy growth of plants because topsoil doesn’t contain the nutrients essential for plants.
Selection of Location
The best area for growing the plants indoors is that which receives a lot of sunlight during the day time. An eastern-facing window would be the perfect location as it receives a large amount of sunlight in the afternoon.
Keeping the Plants Mist
Indoor plants need to be misted frequently. In big and modern homes, there are air conditioners which give a pleasant feeling to human as they deplete the indoor moisture. But this is not good for indoor plants. Therefore it is necessary to provide moisture to the plants daily with a spray bottle. Remember to fill the spraying bottle with filtered water.
Arrangement of Plants
The plants should be arranged in an attractive way to appeal the guests that visit your house. You may hang some plants from the ceiling. Spider plants and ivies are best for this purpose as they grow downwards. While making plants grouping, place taller plants in the back of short plants so that short plants become visible.
These were some simple instruction to create indoor gardens. Hopefully it will help you a lot.
There are a large number of flowers that can be planted in early spring season because at that time of year the ground is soft enough to plant different types of flowers. Early spring flowers will give your garden a colorful and elegant look with their refreshing colors and look. Here I am providing you names of some flowers that you can plant in your garden as early spring flowers.
Being annual flowers, snapdragons can be planted year after year. These flowers bloom in cool climates and are very attractive looking flowers as they have colorful borders. The best time to plant them is early spring when the soil is still cool. They grow very well when they are provided with well-drained soil and full sunlight but they can also bear light frosts as well.
These flowers are very easy to grow and can be planted at any time of the year especially in early spring. The method of planting the lilies is somewhat difficult as compared to other early spring flowers. Before planting the lily bulbs in the spring, you are required to place a 4 inch coating of mulch over the area where you want to plant the lilies. Afterwards you can remove the mulch when the shoots start to appear. Like snapdragons, lilies also like full sunlight and well-drained soil. Excessive water in the soil will become a cause of perished and rotten bulbs.
Roses are also grown in early spring when the soil is soft enough to plant these flowers. Most of the home gardeners like to grow roses in the bush form but some types of roses are very small and they are required to be grown in pots. Most of the roses are sweet-smelling but some don’t have any fragrance. The blooms of roses can range from one flower to several flowers on one stem. All types of roses like full sunlight and drained soil for their proper growth.
These are lovely early spring flowers as they come in a variety of colors including purple and off-white. They flourish best in cool spring season. They grow well both in full or partial sunlight and require humid but well-drained soil like most of the others early spring flowers. They continue to bloom until the weather gets hot and then they start to wither.
They are another very popular type of early spring flowers having an eye-catching yellow color. Most of the people know about only yellow daffodils that grow in early spring but there are some other very attractive colors of daffodils including pink, white and cream.
These were some of the most popular early spring flowers that you can plant to beautify your garden.