Archive for the ‘Non porous material’ Category
Garden decoration accents and garden ornaments such as water fountains can be a very positive experience to any garden by requiring minimal space. Garden fountains can provide an oasis and best retreats from stress of daily life. Garden decorations and garden accessories like water fountains can be a centerpiece of a garden. Running water in a fountain can add a soothing element to any garden. Garden fountains and other ornaments personalize the garden with unassuming charm and good taste. Well arranged and settled garden fountains can become a focal point and enhance natural beauty of garden.
Rules for garden decoration are vague. Nothing is pre-defined and all depends on tastes rather than set of rules. Here are some quick facts for installation of garden fountains that will give you cool environment at home:
- The first thing you need to know when you start choosing plants and other ornaments for your entry garden is to think of the places you want to decorate and consider light and other conditions of that place.
- Remember that fences can add authentic appeal and can create sense of privacy in your garden.
- Right selection of water fountain can make your garden best place for enjoyment.
- Garden fountains come in different sizes, styles and shapes. Some are designed to be placed right in the center of garden to make an attractive focal point. Some fountains can be incorporated into an ornamental landscape or can be mounted on exterior wall of home or can be placed on a deck.
- Indoor fountains can be used to place in various locations with various models designed for indoor wall mounting, usable in upright floor standing, to be used as room divider or table top versions that can be adjusted any where.
After installing the garden fountains, you need to take proper care for maintenance of its beauty. Follow the instructions of manufacturer about cleaning and care of installed fountain. Follow these tips for care of your fountain:
- Clean the foundation on regular basis as debris can collect in and on the fountain easily. Make sure to remove leaves, twigs and other debris.
- Check fountain’s water level on daily basis and add fresh water when needed. If you let the water level below the pump’s intake level, it can cause burnout or other damages to the pump.
- Remember that combination of water and sunlight is best for growth of algae therefore add vinegar or hydrogen peroxide or sea salt to the water for prevention of algae growth. You can also add bleach as an alternative.
- Drain out all the water before thorough cleaning of fountain. Use a brush to clean inside of the water reservoir with soap water.
- Thoroughly rinse water in the fountain to remove soap residue.
- Special care is needed in winter season as water can freeze in cold weather. Frozen water will expand that can crack the fountain. It is recommended to drain out all water from fountain in winter season. Keep the fountain dry completely and cover it with non-porous material.
Remember that taking the proper steps can extend life of your garden fountain.