Garden sheds are an important feature of a garden and they don’t look attractive if they kept simple and boring so like every other thing in garden, sheds also need to be decorated. People lacking time and money often try to tuck away garden sheds in corners so that they may not become visible. But in small gardens, it is not possible to hide garden sheds in corners. Don’t worry, with some innovative ideas, you can make garden shed looking an attractive feature of your garden and the great news is that I have come up with some ideas which are not only practical but also economical. Just have a look on these ideas:
- First thing which you can use to decorate your garden is weather vane so attach one with peak of your garden shed. You can buy a traditional rooster weather vane or some other weather vane featuring one of your favorite animals.
- Bird feeders and birdbaths are also considered essential while decorating a garden or a garden shed. Buy some attractive but economical birdbaths and bird feeders and hang them on a side of garden shed. Another idea is to hang birdbath at front of shed and set up birdhouses in nearby trees. Hanging birdbaths and bird feeders will not only decorate your garden shed but they will also attract birds which will make your garden even more beautiful and natural.
- Take old garden items and use them to decorate the outside and entrance of shed. Old garden items may include tools, straw hats and clay pots.
- Dried flowers arrangements can also be used to decorate a garden shed. So arrange some dried flowers in hanging baskets and hang them over windows and around entrance. Use flowers which have strong fragrance like sage and lavender to hang them on garden shed door.
- Under the windows of garden shed, nail flower boxes and plant beautiful and smaller flowers in them like moss roses. You can also set matching flower boxes near path to garden shed. Also add other flower containers around outer area of shed.
- Hanging wind chimes around garden shed is another wonderful idea. It adds to the beauty of garden shed and provides you with a pleasant feeling by producing melodious sound when wind blows.
- Terra cotta garden art can be fastened to the side of garden shed that comes in different designs like that of butterflies, sun, flowers and fairies.
- A trellis can be leaned against shed wall so that roses, ivy and other plants and vines can climb the wall easily.
- I have also seen some garden sheds decorated with castle style cupola. It is actually a beautiful piece of artistic quality and it adds height to garden shed.
See!!! How simple it is to decorate a garden shed. If you are creative enough, you can use any of your own ideas to decorate your garden shed in the way you like.